Tuesday, July 5, 2011

One Last Thing...

Whew!  There is a lot of information and tools out there!  This was a great course because I have learned about so many things, and I will be able to carry them with me throughout my future career as an educator.  This is  definitely a technological age, and this course has shown me that with a little time and effort, I can use technology effectively and easily.

My favorite things were the various sign/picture generators, RSS feeds, Del.icio.us, and Animoto.  I loved learning about the RSS feeds because now I can follow my favorite things online without having to go hunt them down individually every day.  I have them all in one spot at my fingertips with the Google Reader.

Along the same lines, I love Del.icio.us for much the same reason.  I can have all of my favorite sites in one spot, regardless of where I travel.  I also loved learning about this site, because now I can also see what other like-minded people found in their search and explore their content as well.  I loved the sign/picture generators as well as the Animoto because I have no doubt I will be able to create some project for my classroom in the future.

I don't have any suggestions for improvement because I think it is a great program.  I wonder, however, if I would have enjoyed it more if it weren't a summer class.  Between class and the 23 Things, there was SO much information that I feel like I haven't had adequate time to really explore and digest it all.  I have felt more rushed to get everything completed.  I was really overwhelmed with the vast amounts of accounts I had to start in such a short amount of time.  However, I will be maintaining a good portion of these accounts for continued use.  So, I will have my time to explore them further and more thoroughly.

Although, I have no plans to maintain this particular blog, now that I know how to blog, I plan on maintaining a personal one.  I have been wanting to begin my own blog for some time now, but I had no idea how.  Now I do.  This has been a really informational class, and I have learned a lot.  I now feel the technology available out there is approachable and will be easy for me to use.  Although, time was crunched, I have learned a lot from these 23 Things and have plans to make future use of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment