Sunday, June 19, 2011

Thing # 12

Oh, Google.  Let me count the ways I love thee.  After exploring these tools, I decided to sign up for the Google alerts for the Oklahoma City Thunder basketball team.  I live here in Clarksville, Tennessee, but my home and heart will always be where I grew up: Oklahoma City, OK. With the Google alerts, I can always keep up with the latest news on my Thunder basketball team.

I also did the iGoogle home page and customized it.  I liked it so much, I changed it to be my default when I open the Internet.  I like how this page has so many add-on gadgets.  There are many gadgets you can add for educational purposes.  I added the inspirational quote.  Some of these could be shared in the classroom to encourage critical thinking.  I could also put one up on the board for a journal exercise.  I also added the facts gadget.  This could also be shared in the classroom as a fun fact and to demonstrate that it's possible to have fun and learn at the same time.

I also thought the calendar was an impressive tool.  How great this would be for something like an educational committee members to be able to electronically share their calendars so they could easily find a time that all the members are free to get together to have a meeting.  Again, as with many other tools explored in the 23 Things, there are endless possibilities for educational application.

No comments:

Post a Comment