Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Thing #14

So far, this has been the hardest "thing" for me.  I don't have any experience, at least that I can remember, of using flow charts and/or mind maps, so the concept was a bit lost on me.  I chose Gliffy first and I was completely lost as to what to do. I would definitely need some sort of tutorial in order to even begin to make any sense out of it, let alone actually try to apply it in a classroom setting.  I didn't know where to start, if I should just type over the existing or look for a new template. This MIGHT have been easier if I had an actual topic to try and make a flow chart from.

I next went to the bubbl.us site.  While this one seemed to be much more user friendly, I still wasn't entirely sure what to use it for.  I could potentially see how this would be useful for brainstorming an idea.  The site itself seemed to be more self-explanatory than Gliffy did, and I could actually decipher how to create a mind map.

I'm not exactly sure in what way I could implement the use of either of these programs into an elementary classroom.  I welcome any ideas or suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment