Sunday, June 19, 2011

Thing # 9

For the picture below, I chose the fake magazine cover mash-up tool and made this fake cover with my daughter on it.

I really liked doing this assignment because it was easy and it was a lot of fun.  I could have spent the whole day just exploring all of the different options.  For this picture, I went to
Custom Sign Generator

Once on the home page, I scrolled down the page to the box entitled "Make Graphics with Your Photos."  I chose the "Fake Magazine Covers."  I then uploaded my picture and went about choosing the magazine cover.  Once I had made my selection, the only thing I did not like was the fact I could not edit the photo to shrink it some and move it up a little so the text, "The Best" would not cover up part of my daughter's face.  Other than that, it was great fun.  It was so fun, I decided to try another option with another picture.



The picture to the right was made using the "Fun Templates" option.  Although I used this site for my own personal fun, I can envision using it in the classroom.  As a reward, I could make up a personalized award to hand out.  I could also potentially make signs to put up in my classroom.  I think the possibilities are endless.  This is a great technology resources both personally and professionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment