Monday, June 20, 2011

Thing 13

Thing # 13: Part 1​

​

Through completing the 23 Things for this class assignment, I have discovered so many online tools.  I am experiencing a little bit of information overload.  I never knew there were so many tools out on the Internet. 

This Zoho Writer is pretty cool for several reasons.  First, I like that it is basically Word where you can create a word processing document without having Microsoft Word installed on your personal computer.  I also like that I can create a document on here and be able to work on it from somewhere else on another computer and not have to worry about which version I created the original on and which version I will be using while at the other location. 

Another benefit I like about this application is that I feel fairly confident I can use it fairly easily since it works so much like Microsoft Word.  And according to the Welcome introduction, if I have any problems, I can most likely find the solution to my problem from the sites active users' forum.

The only downside to this application is that based on the introduction to the site, it will take quite a bit of time to discover all of the various features it offers.  But, hey.  You have to start somewhere, right? 

For my starting point, I posted this document that I created in Zoho Writer to this blog.  I only encountered one problem.  When I went to Share, Post to Blog and Zoho asked if I wanted to post it or save it as a draft, I saved it as a draft.  When I went into my Blogger Dashboard to edit the draft, I was unable to edit, save, or post it.  Blogger said it had formatting errors.  However, when I went back into Zoho and went to Share, Post to Blog and simply chose to post it as new instead of the draft, I was able to edit that document in my Blogger account.  Live and learn.

Now on to explore Google Docs where I will dare to compare it with Zoho.  

​

No comments:

Post a Comment