Saturday, June 18, 2011

Thing #7

This is one of my favorite 23 things.  I LOVE looking at photographs.  Looking at other people's photographs is like looking out through another set of eyes.  I like seeing what other people see and how they see it.  I like how you can change a whole picture by changing the composition, lighting, and angle.  I probably will never make it to see every square inch of this Earth, but by looking at pictures through sites like Flickr, I hope I will see a good part of it.

This is the picture I found by exploring the site Flickr.  This picture is taken by SunnyDazzled. 
Under a Starry Sky in Maine
I found this by exploring the Last 7 Days feature.  This picture really took my breath away and when I saw it, I knew it would be the one I would use for this assignment.

Flickr is really easy to use and navigate.  I tried out looking for pictures under the "popular tags" and turned up some really interesting photos to look through.  I also discovered through looking around the site that there is also video available.  I was also surprised to find a camera finder where Flickr has tracked the most popular cameras in the Flickr community, most popular point and shoot cameras, and most popular camera phones.  Who knew??

This is a really fun site.  I could waste almost as much time on here as I do Facebook! :-)
I think a really fun idea for use in the classroom would be to have my students go to flickr, pick out some pictures, and then have them write story about the pictures they chose.

No comments:

Post a Comment