After watching the video of the 7 & 1/2 Habits, I am encouraged by the fact that I do all of them...almost. The one easiest for me is beginning with the end in mind. I have always enjoyed ideas and their possibilities. When an idea presents itself, it has always been easy for me to visualize the ultimate outcome. So, this habit is the easiest for me because it has already been a lifetime habit.
The hardest habit for me is number six, using technology to your advantage. While I use technology everyday, it easily frustrates me because it never quite works the way it's supposed to...or at least the way I think it's supposed to. My own computer conspires against me by slowing down, locking up, or sometimes randomly shuts down a program. I have lost track of the number of times I have called tech support and I've heard, "Well, that's a new one. I've never heard of that happening before." Then there is the endless parade of "updates" that are intended to make the program better but sometimes they create other problems for other programs and/or hardware. As a result of these things, I have grown somewhat reluctant to try out new technology although it may turn out to be helpful in the long run.
I am hoping by exploring and playing with Web 2.0 I will overcome this reluctance to new technology and to better develop the learning habit of using technology to my advantage. I know there are so many things to learn and discover in today's technology for use in the classroom that will grab my future students' attention and motivate them to want to learn.
Setting up this blog was surprisingly easy. The only problem I am having so far is signing in. I go to the "sign in" and put in my username and password, but it hasn't let me into my blog yet. I have had to follow the link in my e-mail address to reset the password to get in. I am hoping to get this resolved soon.
Kudos to you on beginning with the end in mind. That is the most difficult for me. i hit the ground running at full speed and then catch myself wondering, "where the heck am I going?"
ReplyDelete